Visual communications is one of the most important modes of communication in the present time across businesses of different industries. Considering the high effectiveness of visual communications, both SMBs and large scale businesses are ready to invest in equipment those help in smooth visual communication. Interactive whiteboard is one such effective equipment that helps ensure proper communication amongst businesses and their clients. If you are planning to implement a proper infrastructure in order to ensure effective communication, investing in an interactive whiteboard would be a wise decision. But then, finding out the right device for your business might be a bit tricky.
There are certain considerations that you need to make while making such an investment. Wondering what would be these considerations? Here is a list to check out –
- Active screen area – This is one of the most important factors that you need to consider while choosing an interactive whiteboard. There is a significant difference between the inactive screen area and active screen area. It’s important to take into account the active screen area while making the selection. Remember that active screen area is that area of the whiteboard which you can actually use for touchscreen interactions and other functional activities. It’s advisable to check the actual size of the screen of the device on your own before investing in it.
- Dimension – Considering your budget for the device, you need to determine the dimension of it right at the beginning. Size is an important factor since it influences how the equipment can be used in the conference room. For instance, if you are planning to work with text-heavy resources on a small whiteboard and install it in a large conference room, this might turn out to be very challenging for you. It might even lead to situations when members at the back of the meeting room can’t see what is being shown on the whiteboard. Hence, be sure to determine the correct size as well as the shape of an interactive whiteboard (IWB) before investing into one.
- Permanent or portable – This is an important decision that you have to make while choosing an interactive whiteboard. If you are planning to use the device always at the same place, you can opt for a permanent installation. On the other hand, if there are possibilities that the equipment will be used across several meeting rooms, investing in a portable solution would be wiser for you. However, there are pros and cons for both the types. Be sure to consider all these thoroughly before finalizing on any one option.
Apart from these factors, the durability of the device is considered to be an important consideration while choosing a particular model. Since this is a device that will be used exhaustively, probably every day for a long period of time, it’s important to invest in a durable model so that you don’t need to worry about its maintenance too frequently. Make sure you check the detailed features of the device thoroughly before investing in it.
An image projector, popularly termed as projector, is an optical device which helps project still or moving images on a screen.
School, college, universities, business organizations and even homes – a projector is used everywhere. This is because it renders the data into images, allowing multiple users to share, discuss and use the information. There are several types of projectors available in the market – right from the video projectors to the handheld projectors – users can opt for any one, based on their requirement.
In order to optimise, Audio Video businesses invest in standard projectors. The popularity of handy projectors has also increased over the past few years, as these are portable and can be carried from one place to another with ease. Whether you are planning to invest in high end projectors or you are looking for simple entry projectors, there are certain factors to consider. Here is a brief list of some such factors; take a quick look –
- Brightness – This is expressed in Lumens, The higher the lumens the brighter the projector. The price of a projector rises considerably with the rise in lumens, so it is important to select an Optimal Value. For instance, if you need to project an image that is 6 foot wide, in a considerably dark room, you should choose a projector with 2000 lumens. On the other hand, if you need to project the same image in a room with indoor lights, you may consider 3000 Lumens. However, in a room with skylight you may need 4000 lumens. The correct selection will ensure the image is bright & readable.
- Resolution: What is “Resolution”? – Resolution is the number of lines in a projected image, like “dpi (dot per inch” used for printer. For example, SVGA resolution has 800 x 600 (h), which means 800 lines in horizontal and 600 lines in vertical. So, SVGA is consisted of total 800 x 600 = 480,000 small dots, what is called “pixels.”
Why Resolution is important?
Since “Resolution” is related to the number of pixels, higher resolution creates clearer and sharper projected image. Therefore, for example, a projector in theatre must have high resolution to show the clear and sharp image. In addition, in order to maximize the resolution quality for PC, the resolution for projector needs to be matched with the one for PC.
- Throw distance – This refers to the distance between the wall and projector as well as the screen size on which the image is going to be projected. While short throw projectors are quite popular amongst users, you can also opt for ultra short throw projectors. The selection of this depends mainly upon the size of the room in which the projector is going to be used. For instance, in large class rooms, it’s wiser to use long throw projectors, while the short throw ones are considered ideal choice for small meeting rooms.
- Technology – Finally, this is one of the most important factors that you need to consider while buying a projector. LCD, DLP and LED are the three major display technologies that are followed while manufacturing projectors. LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display and this ensures zero flickering. It also offers good colour reproduction. DLP or Digital Light Processing ensures smooth video display and also offers vivid colours. Projectors, built following this technology are compact in size and these are quite strong against dust. LED is a technology that is not used quite frequently while manufacturing a projector. However, handheld projectors are often designed using LEDs or lasers. LED projectors usually have very long life and these, too, ensure zero flickering.
Apart from these factors, you should also check the connectivity options of a projector so that it can be connected to your device properly, as and when required.
If you are running a business, or you are associated with a school, engaging your target customers or students must be one of your key agendas. There are certain equipment that help you do this with perfection and a portable projector is one of the most effective ones. Whether you need to create business presentation for your clients or you need to design an informative presentation for your students, a projector system can take the outcome to a different level. If it’s mainly about engaging the audience, making use of a portable projector is probably the best solution. A LCD projector is a high end device that not only helps you present the presentations with images and graphics, but also with other media and videos.
If you are looking for efficient mobile projectors, India is probably the best country to explore. This is because there are many retailers who manufacture and offer a wide range of mobile projectors. Although you might come across many lucrative deals about wired projectors, it’s wiser to invest in mobile projectors. Wondering why? Here are some of the most important reasons that you should take a look at –
- Hassle free work process – While dealing with a wired projector, you need to undergo a lot of hassles for connecting the wires properly, setting it up accurately and then again, uninstalling the entire system and packing it up. On the other hand, you don’t need to do any of these if you are working with a portable projector. You can simply place these devices anywhere, according to your convenience, and you don’t need to connect or disconnect the wires.
- Compact and small set up – One of the major benefits of investing in a portable video projector is that it’s small in size and quite compact in shape and design, as compared to the other projectors. This makes the portable projectors a good choice for schools as well as businesses. Since these projectors are lightweight and small in size, these can be easily carried from one room to another without any hassle. This also ensures that you can just buy a single device for the entire organization and use it in multiple locations.
- Improved quality – One of the most significant aspects that should be considered while investing in a portable projector is that these are manufactured with great care. The cylinders are the most crucial part of a portable projector and these are designed with utmost perfection. The cylinders of a mobile projector undergo a colouring process and are assembled properly, giving attention to minute details. This ensures the device can offer the best possible quality when it comes to the output. After the completion of the production process, the cylinders go through a thorough quality check which ensures that these will work for a long period of time. Usually, these cylinders, if maintained properly, last for approximately ten years or even more than that.
Apart from these key benefits, there are also other reasons to invest in portable projectors. These are available in multiple options, specifications, designs, brands and sizes.