Managing bulk volume of hard copies of documents is probably the last thing that businesses would like to indulge in, in the present scenario. However, document management is an integral practice for every business, and this is why they prefer to deal with electronic documents. While there are many efficient document management software that help organize the documents in a central repository, from where users can access specific documents with ease, it often becomes difficult to keep a track of all the printing activities that take place within an organization. Managed print services is an advance service that business owners prefer to invest in these days. This service ensures control over all the printing tasks that are conducted at an organization.
MPS is a service by opting for which you can rest assured of the proper monitoring and management of organizational printing jobs. When you can keep a check on the printing activities and can also monitor those closely, it not only helps you cut the operational costs to a great extent, but also boost up the productivity significantly.
While the benefits of hiring managed print services are pretty obvious, it’s important to choose the service provider carefully. While doing the scanning for a reliable service provider keep it in mind choosing a company that offers exactly what you need would be the wisest decision. If you are not sure how can you finalize a service provider, here are some factors that you need to keep in mind –
- Sharing the same goals – While signing the deal with a MPS provider, look for someone whose goals are quite similar to yours. For instance, if you look for result-driven strategies and love to focus on the final output, above everything, make sure your service provider also thinks in the same line. Ideally, it should be your target to optimize the print environment of your organization so that you can improve the employee productivity and ensure better end users experience. Remember that the MPS must have some tangible objectives and the ultimate objective should be to make the experience of printing hassle free.
- Consistent performance – The service provider should design the MPS strategies in such a way that you can experience consistent improvement in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. Check if they are ready to address the constantly evolving business requirements so that you can serve your target customers better and provide them with accurate workflow solutions. Consistency is always the core element for establishing a genuine structure for your business and a lack in that can disrupt your workflow to a great extent.
- Assistance in Mobile printing – With the advancement of technology, most of the organizations have embraced mobile printing. If you are on the same boat, be sure to look for service providers who are experienced in mobile printing. They must provide you with smart strategies and services that are aligned with the expectations of your target customers. Mobile printing is a smart practice that allows users to print documents using mobile devices like tablets and smart phones. Also remember to check if they are familiar with the idea of BYOD printing if it’s a trend in your organization. Ultimately, it’s the function of the MPS providers to collaborate with users and ensure a smooth and flawless process.
- Improved productivity – When you sign a deal with a MPS provider, you can expect to experience improved productivity. Apart from offering the generalized printing solutions, a MPS provider should help make the printing process more efficient and simpler. They should analyse the information regarding the printers to check if any sort of improvements can be made to the process. Like every other business, yours too, must have some unique requirements which should be treated individually. This is why, they should pay attention to the minute aspects and comprehend the loopholes of your printing environment. Based on that, they can craft tailor made strategies for you.
These are four of the most important aspects that you should keep in mind while planning to hire a managed print service provider. However, remember one of the main objectives of investing in MPS is to control and reduce the printing costs. Hence, make sure the service provider can ensure the same for you.
Gaining complete visibility and taking control over the entire printing job is an important requirement for all the business organizations in the present scenario. It’s true that in order to run a business successfully, you need to follow certain practices religiously and it is one of those practices. Keeping a check of the printing activities and monitoring those closely help a business owner not only save a great deal of money but also boost up the productivity to a significant extent. This is why businesses these days prefer to opt for Managed Print Services (MPS) wherein they can rest assured of the proper monitoring and management of organizational printing jobs. Moreover, these service providers also help ensure environmental sustainability and document security.
While it’s customary for a reliable service provider to provide you with all the essential services, it’s important to check the details well in advance from your end. While signing the deal with a service provider, make sure you are assured of their credibility. Here is a checklist of factors following which you will be able to figure out whether or not a service provider is going to provide you with all your requirements –
- How do they proceed? – First off, you need to check with them how exactly they are going to deal with your business requirements. It’s advisable to analyse the overall printing agenda of your business and then come up with some tailor-made solutions. They should conduct a minute and up-front assessment so that they can understand the existing printing architecture properly. Remember the fact that they should monitor, manage and optimize the entire print output environment thoroughly.
- Are they ready to customize? – Although there are certain basic solutions that are applicable for all businesses, your business must have some unique requirements. Figure out if they are willing to recognize that requirement and provide you with the relevant solutions accordingly. Make sure they are ready to figure out the potential problems and ensure the supplies according to your exact business requirement. Ask if they will provide you with a definite roadmap following which you will be able to reduce the type and number of printing devices that are being used currently.
- How are they going to improve your business? – The service provider should help you reduce the environmental footprint by ensuring less energy consumption and less paper prints. They should also make it a point to improve the business processes so that you can save both money and time. It’s customary for a reliable service provider to ensure secure and easy printing access for your mobile workers. Also check if they will help train your employees regarding MPS so that they can experience a smooth transition through change management.
These are some of the most important factors following which you will be able to find the most reliable MPS provider. Be sure to check if they offer IT integration and network management. If required, you can also check if they have a proven track record of deploying the managed print services successfully
A copier is probably one of the most essential components of a business environment in the present-day digital era. Right form the SMBs to the large corporate businesses, every business organization has to deal with copying activities. This is why investing in MFD copier is quite a common trend amongst business owners. Using a multi-functional device, you can make the important documents available for remote access as well as circulate those around the organization. If you are presently struggling with several individual devices for copying, printing and scanning, you can smartly replace all of them with a digital copier that is equipped with multiple features.
If you are looking for a robust copier and want to invest into one, in order to improve the organizational efficiency, you need to know about the key features of these advance devices.
- No need of skilled manpower – The present day MFD copiers are designed and manufactured in such a way that you don’t need skilled manpower to operate these. Once a task order is released, the device can detect it smartly and can run the operation on its own. Moreover, before installing a device like this at your office, you don’t need to organize training sessions for your employees. Due to the smooth and interactive user interface, they can get familiar with the different features of it on their own.
- Chances of hazards are less – The modern day copiers are designed in a user friendly fashion. This ensures while accessing the device, the users are not caused any disturbance or hindrance. These devices are intelligent enough to understand the potential threats and can restrict the ultimate loss automatically. This way, these devices prevent any kind of harm to the users.
- Infrastructure required – In order to run a MFD copier, you don’t need to arrange a robust infrastructure. While performing, these devices don’t generate any kind of heat. Since no cooling equipment is mandatory for running these devices, the operational cost gets reduced. Moreover, these smart devices consume very less amount of power, thereby not causing a high electricity expense.
- Eco friendly – When you invest in a state of the art MFD copier, you can rest assured of taking a green initiative. These smart devices are designed in such a way that these cause hardly any damage to the environment, ensuring you can make use of these devices without any tension. These devices are equipped with features like duplex energy mode and educed start-up time, ensuring efficient operation. So, if you are planning to set up a green working environment, without causing any damage to the environment, investing in a digital copier would be your best bet.
These are some of the most remarkable features of a digital copier. Most of these devices can perform multiple tasks including copying, printing, scanning and sending faxes. Hence, if you are looking for a cost effective solution that will help you deal with multiple business activities, investing in a MFD copier can be really beneficial for you.
If you are running a business and you think that you have successfully reduced all the unnecessary expenses, this might be the high time to rethink about it. In the present scenario, using printing devices at a business organization is an obvious matter and quite unfortunately, most of the companies fail to recognize the huge costs that are associated with the printing and imaging systems, and as a result, they have to suffer a lot. Most importantly, this cost is preventable and organizations can easily manage this cost by paying attention to minute details. Well, there are certain organizations for whom it is bit difficult to manage this entire aspect on their own and that is why, for them it’s wiser to opt for managed print services.
If you are looking for an alternative solution, you can also consider checking out PaaS/Printer as a Service. However, remember to check whether or not the service provider offers pay per print benefit as this proves to be very economic for businesses. In this system all you need to do is pay according to what you print. This ensures you don’t need to block a lump sum amount of money right at the beginning as an initial investment.
Businesses these days prefer to invest in smart services that help them minimize the operational costs and MPS/ managed print services is one such service that has gained immense popularity over the past few years. This solution also helps businesses achieve their overall goals and streamline the printing related business processes. This, in turn, helps boost up the productivity and efficiency of the business. If you have already heard a lot about this service, but not sure whether or not to opt for it, here are some of the most vital reasons to look at –
- Reduced printer fleet – One of the major benefits of investing in managed print service is that it helps reduce the TCO or total cost of ownership for all the devices in the print environment of your business. If you are unable to figure out which devices cause most of the downtime or which device contributes to the cost mostly, it’s high time to invest in MPS. A service like this can provide you with all the vital information that you require in order to consolidate the printer fleet effectively. Eventually, this will help you get rid of all the unrequired devices. You will also be able to trace and replace devices that are already excessively used.
- Enhanced security – With the advancement of technology, most businesses use devices that are equipped with in-built security methods like user authentication and activity tracking. However, this doesn’t prove to be sufficient always. By opting for a reliable managed print service, you can ensure an additional level of security for your business. You can make use of comprehensive permissions and device encryption. By doing this, you can ensure that users can have access only to the information they need.
- Better control and accountability – With a robust MPS solution, you can experience improved control over the print environment of your business. Since you will gain more insights into the printing activities of your employees, this will help you develop the further processes in a more definite way. You will also be able to create reports based on the data that you receive and ensure service fulfilment and proactive supply for all the users.
- Increased efficiency – One of the most prominent advantages of investing in MPS is that you can achieve increased efficiency even from remote locations. This ensures you can do more with less and explore the potential of your resources to the fullest. For instance, you don’t need to spend money or time visiting the customer sites in order to collect the essentials. Instead, you can manage everything at your convenience, using a MPS solution. Managed printing service will help simplify the device management process as well as increase the bottom line. Most importantly, you will also be able to save money to a great extent.
- Minimized environmental impact – MPS can help you restrict the paper usage to a certain extent and reduce the amount of wasted supplies. Moreover, if planned strategically, you will also be able to lower the electrical consumption by consolidating the devices. there are also many advance solutions that help reverse calculate the paper consumption so that the final impact on the environment can be determined well in advance, and if required, the impact can further be reduced by planting new trees.
- Reduced print volume – In case your business is not using a document management solution already, you will be highly benefitted by implementing a MPS. A solution like this gives you access to in-depth data regarding all the print activities that are taking place. This, in turn, enables you to optimize the processes and help you cut down on the wasted supplies. As a result of this, you will be able to adjust the print practices based on your requirement.
- Effective remote management – With a Managed print solution, you will be able to expand the service areas and cater to new target customers. When you opt for a reliable MPS solution, you will be provided with smooth and easy remote access to the users’ activities. This will ensure hassle free supplies fulfilment, remote remediation, meter collection and billing, and many other things.
Getting started with a MPS solution might prove to be a bit challenging for your business in the initial phase, but it definitely has its own set of advantages that might prove to be beneficial for your business in the long run. Never forget to look out for multiple options before you sign the deal with any one service provider. This is quite significant since the offerings vary to a great extent from one service provider to other. This will help you find and grab the best possible deal in the market. Make sure you check the references of the service provider with whom you finally sign the deal. Getting in touch with some of their previous or existing customers will help you get a fair idea regarding their after sales support and service.
MDS/Managed Document Services is one of the most popular services of the recent time as a large number of businesses have been benefitted using this smart service. The business benefits that an organization can enjoy using this service are quite significant. Right from optimizing the workflow and processes to save time and money, opting for a managed document service helps you in a number of ways. There is no doubt regarding the fact that SMBs as well as large corporates can benefit to a great extent by investing in MDS. Since managed document services is integrally related with the print environment of your office, you can also consider checking out MPS/managed Print Services. In fact, smart services like pay per print is also considered to be beneficial enough for organizations that need to handle moderate volume of printing assignments.
However, if you are planning to invest in a managed document service, you must be capable to take the right decision so that you can maximize the office efficiency and save the print cost to a significant extent. Hence, it’s important to consider certain factors while looking for a managed document service –
- Proper assessment – In order to reap the maximum possible benefits of a managed document service, you need to assess the actual document management needs of your organization. It’s customary for a reliable service provider to investigate the entire workflow of your organization so that they can have a fair understanding of the requirement. During the procedure, they should check the usage pattern and workflow. They should also identify and examine the hardware that are already in use. Based on this assessment, they will be able to calculate the costs that are associated with the entire operation.
- Accurate design – Design is one of the most integral factors to make a managed document service plan successful. The service provider should provide you with a group of team members whose responsibility will be to investigate the work culture of our organization, and to come up with a clearly defined route map based on the evaluation. They should be able to create a detailed document that reflects a clear outline. This should be designed in a way so that maximum print cost savings can be ensured and you can achieve sustainable benefits for your business.
- Smooth implementation – One of the most important ways to make a document management service plan successful is to ensure smooth implementation of workflow solutions and software, along with effective technology. While conducting these measures, you should ensure that these are supported by on-going training from experts. This helps keep your entire workforce engaged properly. This also ensures that they are committed to the new processes, which, in turn, helps boost up the overall organizational productivity.
If you can rightly choose a managed document service provider who follows the aforementioned principles, there are high chances that your business will benefit from it. A service like this will help control the print output, as well as improve the overall productivity.