Right from SMBs to large scale businesses, multifunctionals are considered as absolute necessity everywhere. While a colour digital printer lets you handle all sorts of printing jobs, colour multifunctionals help you manage scanning, copying, and faxing apart from printing. This is why, investing in a printer or a multifunctional is one of the key agendas of the present day businesses. While the benefits of investing in a printer are quite obvious, it’s important to choose the right device. Since there are several printing technologies and each is suitable for different requirements, it’s a bit tricky to choose the most apt equipment for your business.
While it’s pretty obvious that you should consider your requirements thoroughly before investing into a particular device, you should also look for certain features in the device. Here is a list of some of the most essential features of a multifunctional; take a quick look before you start exploring the different options –
- High sheet capacity – The term refers to the number of sheets or papers that can be stored in the paper tray of a printer. These papers are automatically used when you start printing a document. In case you need to print large volume of documents quite frequently, you should look for high sheet capacity.
- Improved print speed – Print speed of a multifunctional device is usually measured by Copy per Minute. This determines how fast the device can print a certain amount of paper. If your organization needs to handle huge volume of printing jobs, you should look for a printing device with high speed.
- Mobile printing – This is one of the most important features of the modern and innovative multifunctional devices. Devices that are equipped with mobile printing technology enable users to print from all sorts of wireless devices. A device that is connected through internet can be used for printing documents from anywhere. These devices are ideal for particularly those organizations that operate simultaneously from different branches and need to connect with employees who are working from remote locations. Moreover, these devices also prove to be extremely convenient for the users.
- Better print resolution – The resolution of a printer is measured in DPI or Dots per Inch. This refers to the number of dots of ink that the printer is able to print over an inch. You need to keep it in mind that the higher the number of dots, the better the quality of print. If you are planning to print colour images or other colourful documents, be sure to opt for a device with high resolution.
- Auto duplex printing – This is a unique feature of printers that ensures both side of a page will get printed automatically. The users don’t need to turn the page manually in order to make this happen. This is an extremely useful feature as this enables the users to print sustainably, as the amount of papers used is reduced to half.
Keeping these features in mind will surely help you choose the right printing device for your business.