A copier is probably one of the most essential components of a business environment in the present-day digital era. Right form the SMBs to the large corporate businesses, every business organization has to deal with copying activities. This is why investing in MFD copier is quite a common trend amongst business owners. Using a multi-functional device, you can make the important documents available for remote access as well as circulate those around the organization. If you are presently struggling with several individual devices for copying, printing and scanning, you can smartly replace all of them with a digital copier that is equipped with multiple features.
If you are looking for a robust copier and want to invest into one, in order to improve the organizational efficiency, you need to know about the key features of these advance devices.
- No need of skilled manpower – The present day MFD copiers are designed and manufactured in such a way that you don’t need skilled manpower to operate these. Once a task order is released, the device can detect it smartly and can run the operation on its own. Moreover, before installing a device like this at your office, you don’t need to organize training sessions for your employees. Due to the smooth and interactive user interface, they can get familiar with the different features of it on their own.
- Chances of hazards are less – The modern day copiers are designed in a user friendly fashion. This ensures while accessing the device, the users are not caused any disturbance or hindrance. These devices are intelligent enough to understand the potential threats and can restrict the ultimate loss automatically. This way, these devices prevent any kind of harm to the users.
- Infrastructure required – In order to run a MFD copier, you don’t need to arrange a robust infrastructure. While performing, these devices don’t generate any kind of heat. Since no cooling equipment is mandatory for running these devices, the operational cost gets reduced. Moreover, these smart devices consume very less amount of power, thereby not causing a high electricity expense.
- Eco friendly – When you invest in a state of the art MFD copier, you can rest assured of taking a green initiative. These smart devices are designed in such a way that these cause hardly any damage to the environment, ensuring you can make use of these devices without any tension. These devices are equipped with features like duplex energy mode and educed start-up time, ensuring efficient operation. So, if you are planning to set up a green working environment, without causing any damage to the environment, investing in a digital copier would be your best bet.
These are some of the most remarkable features of a digital copier. Most of these devices can perform multiple tasks including copying, printing, scanning and sending faxes. Hence, if you are looking for a cost effective solution that will help you deal with multiple business activities, investing in a MFD copier can be really beneficial for you.
Copying machines of the past times have undergone a major evolution and the present breed of copiers are significantly different from them. Depending upon the ever changing requirement of users, these devices have to undergo several modifications so that these can be utilized to the fullest. A copier is an extremely essential device for any business set up and it has to be capable of handling multiple tasks from different users within a hectic office environment. Hence, the copier you want to invest in must be efficient enough to deal with all the copying activities. While a copier needs to produce quantity, it shouldn’t be compromising with the quality as well. This is where a present day digital copier seems to be the best solution.
In the present era, there are many organizations who understand the actual need of the users and manufacture highly competent MFD copiers that are capable to handle multiple tasks. A significant upgrade for a digital copier can improve the value of the printed materials of a business organization significantly. If you are planning to invest in a MFD copier, you should know the varied range of features with which these devices are equipped. Let’s take a look at the list –
- >High competency – MFD copiers are extremely high quality devices that can handle a huge number of papers. Usually, the range goes up to around 3,100 sheets and there are some devices that allow manual tray filling. This ensures users can customize the capacity according to their requirement. These printers are designed and manufactured in such a way that these can print multiple copies after scanning a document for once. This helps maximize the output performance. These devices also enable users to control the usage by setting copy quotas for a certain number of users.
- User friendly features – Digital copiers are endowed with advance copy features like page designation, stamping and cover insertion. These help reduce the manual interaction, thereby freeing up your organizational resources. Moreover, this also helps increase the productivity to a great extent. Features like rotate sorting or electronic sorting helps deliver complete document sets, thereby eliminating manual collation. Most importantly, these devices help store and retrieve the documents on-site with the help of a built-in document server. Some of these devices are also equipped with optional 50 sheet ARDF. This helps in automatic feeding of documents at a certain engine speed.
- Multi-functionality – One of the most significant traits of MFD copiers is that these can perform multiple tasks. This is the most important reason why most of the businesses rely on these devices. A robust MFD copier can be utilized as a printer, a scanner, a fax machine and a document repository. Equipped with multiple features and built following advance technologies, these devices ensure smooth performance.
These are some of the most important features of digital copiers. These state of the art devices ensure quite long service life, without creating a high maintenance cost. Make sure you do a thorough research before investing in such a device.
Follow me printing is one of the latest trends that have become quite popular over the past few years. Because of the security and convenience that follow me printing offers, it has become a prominent trend in different print environments, and especially in the enterprise and education segment. This is a new age printing solution which provides the users with higher flexibility as well as better control over the print jobs. This trend also helps reduce the amount of waste by making the printing assignments more specific and minute.
What you need to know about follow me printing?
Basically, follow me printing is an advance method of printing wherein the user can control the printing jobs. The user has to initiate the print job from any system and after that, once the user is physically present in front of the designated printer, he/she can execute the printing tasks using different authentication protocols.
This advance printing technique enables users to release and roam their print job from any output device that is enabled properly. They can also print to a shared print queue. This helps maintain the confidentiality of the data that is being printed and also helps reduce the waste from the documents that are usually left uncollected. In case a printer is malfunctioning or completely out of service, users can release the print jobs from the next printer that is available, without hampering the productivity.
Key benefits of Follow Me printing
There are reasons why organizations, across the industries, prefer to opt for Follow Me printing. This method helps protect data and reduce the costs significantly and ensures a flexible printing environment. Here is a list of the specific benefits in detail; take a quick look –
- Print roaming – Following this method, users can release the print jobs from any printing device that is Follow Me enabled. They can also avoid any kind of disruption, even if the designated printer is out of service or busy. Most importantly, users don’t need to configure any print applications on their laptop or personal computers.
- Delegated printing – Follow Me printing offers flexibility to all those users who require to share the print jobs with delegated printing. In case a printing job needs to be done on someone’s behalf, it can easily be done without anyone’s assistance. For instance, assistants can handle a printing assignment on behalf of their managers without taking help from the IT professionals. The departments can also sustain the overall productivity even during employee absence.
- Personal printing – With Follow Me printing, personal printing experience reaches the next level. Every user gets to enjoy a personalized printing experience. This ensures they can handle confidential printing without worrying about security issues. They can print a document, containing sensitive information, on a shared device. Moreover, they don’t need to rush to the printer for collecting the confidential documents, as soon as the printing is done.
These are some of the most relevant benefits of Follow Me printing and keeping these in mind, many organizations are opting for this new age printing solution.
Mobile Printing/ Printing from Mobile is one of the latest technologies that have grown extremely popular in the recent time. With the increased use of mobile devices across different industries, the need for mobile printing has become quite obvious. Mobile printing is a smart solution that enables users to print from any mobile device as well as any printer that is web-enabled and networked. Using this service, users can print photos, emails, documents, web pages and any other printable file. And they can do this from their tablet, laptop or mobile phone. Apart from helping you in tricky situations, mobile printing offers a lot of convenience to a business organization as well.
In the present era, when most businesses follow technology driven environment, employees prefer to work using mobile devices, from their convenient locations. Usually, most of the time, the employees of an organization work on the desktops or laptops that are connected to the network. However, with a mobile printing solution, you can enable your employees to work using any mobile device even when they are away from their desks. The future of BYOD Printing/Bring Your Own Device Printing is quite bright and if you want to know the reasons, here are some –
- Print from anywhere – With a robust mobile printing service, you can print your documents securely and easily from anywhere you want. Depending upon your needs, a mobile printing solution lets you print through any printer, from any platform. All your employees can connect their mobile devices to the cloud platform you use. The entire operation gets handled on its own, and you don’t need to take any hassle.
- Print when you require – Using your mobile device, you can print at school, work, home or even while on the go! Quite obviously, the mobile device you use, connects you to files, images, business documents and emails. What happens if you need to print any of these suddenly and you are not in a state to access the system in which these are stored. This is where a reliable mobile printing solution comes to your rescue. By using apps that enable easy mobile printing, you can get documents printed with a simple push of a button. Be it a PDF, a web page, a photo, an email or a few attachments, you can get it printed without any hassle.
- Multiple connectivity options – While investing in mobile printing, business owners can experience smooth connectivity since these devices are equipped with multiple connectivity options. The built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi help users print from multiple devices, and that too, without the hassle of wires.
Apart from these, mobile printing solutions are usually compatible with most of the operating systems, ensuring easy integration with the OS that your business uses. However, while opting for this solution, make sure you know your requirements clearly. If you are planning to invest in the service of a particular service provider, be sure to check the services and pricing offered by other providers as well. A thorough market survey will also help you understand the ongoing market trends.
If you are running a business and you think that you have successfully reduced all the unnecessary expenses, this might be the high time to rethink about it. In the present scenario, using printing devices at a business organization is an obvious matter and quite unfortunately, most of the companies fail to recognize the huge costs that are associated with the printing and imaging systems, and as a result, they have to suffer a lot. Most importantly, this cost is preventable and organizations can easily manage this cost by paying attention to minute details. Well, there are certain organizations for whom it is bit difficult to manage this entire aspect on their own and that is why, for them it’s wiser to opt for managed print services.
If you are looking for an alternative solution, you can also consider checking out PaaS/Printer as a Service. However, remember to check whether or not the service provider offers pay per print benefit as this proves to be very economic for businesses. In this system all you need to do is pay according to what you print. This ensures you don’t need to block a lump sum amount of money right at the beginning as an initial investment.
Businesses these days prefer to invest in smart services that help them minimize the operational costs and MPS/ managed print services is one such service that has gained immense popularity over the past few years. This solution also helps businesses achieve their overall goals and streamline the printing related business processes. This, in turn, helps boost up the productivity and efficiency of the business. If you have already heard a lot about this service, but not sure whether or not to opt for it, here are some of the most vital reasons to look at –
- Reduced printer fleet – One of the major benefits of investing in managed print service is that it helps reduce the TCO or total cost of ownership for all the devices in the print environment of your business. If you are unable to figure out which devices cause most of the downtime or which device contributes to the cost mostly, it’s high time to invest in MPS. A service like this can provide you with all the vital information that you require in order to consolidate the printer fleet effectively. Eventually, this will help you get rid of all the unrequired devices. You will also be able to trace and replace devices that are already excessively used.
- Enhanced security – With the advancement of technology, most businesses use devices that are equipped with in-built security methods like user authentication and activity tracking. However, this doesn’t prove to be sufficient always. By opting for a reliable managed print service, you can ensure an additional level of security for your business. You can make use of comprehensive permissions and device encryption. By doing this, you can ensure that users can have access only to the information they need.
- Better control and accountability – With a robust MPS solution, you can experience improved control over the print environment of your business. Since you will gain more insights into the printing activities of your employees, this will help you develop the further processes in a more definite way. You will also be able to create reports based on the data that you receive and ensure service fulfilment and proactive supply for all the users.
- Increased efficiency – One of the most prominent advantages of investing in MPS is that you can achieve increased efficiency even from remote locations. This ensures you can do more with less and explore the potential of your resources to the fullest. For instance, you don’t need to spend money or time visiting the customer sites in order to collect the essentials. Instead, you can manage everything at your convenience, using a MPS solution. Managed printing service will help simplify the device management process as well as increase the bottom line. Most importantly, you will also be able to save money to a great extent.
- Minimized environmental impact – MPS can help you restrict the paper usage to a certain extent and reduce the amount of wasted supplies. Moreover, if planned strategically, you will also be able to lower the electrical consumption by consolidating the devices. there are also many advance solutions that help reverse calculate the paper consumption so that the final impact on the environment can be determined well in advance, and if required, the impact can further be reduced by planting new trees.
- Reduced print volume – In case your business is not using a document management solution already, you will be highly benefitted by implementing a MPS. A solution like this gives you access to in-depth data regarding all the print activities that are taking place. This, in turn, enables you to optimize the processes and help you cut down on the wasted supplies. As a result of this, you will be able to adjust the print practices based on your requirement.
- Effective remote management – With a Managed print solution, you will be able to expand the service areas and cater to new target customers. When you opt for a reliable MPS solution, you will be provided with smooth and easy remote access to the users’ activities. This will ensure hassle free supplies fulfilment, remote remediation, meter collection and billing, and many other things.
Getting started with a MPS solution might prove to be a bit challenging for your business in the initial phase, but it definitely has its own set of advantages that might prove to be beneficial for your business in the long run. Never forget to look out for multiple options before you sign the deal with any one service provider. This is quite significant since the offerings vary to a great extent from one service provider to other. This will help you find and grab the best possible deal in the market. Make sure you check the references of the service provider with whom you finally sign the deal. Getting in touch with some of their previous or existing customers will help you get a fair idea regarding their after sales support and service.
Duplex printing is undoubtedly one of the most attractive features of the present day printing devices. Since this feature ensures automatic both side printing, it helps save a lot of money and time. Wondering how? Well, since the papers get turned over automatically and both the sides get printed, it reduces the amount of total required papers, thereby reducing the cost to a great extent. At the same time, these advance devices are designed following smart technology ensuring users don’t need to intervene in the process of printing and the entire process can be finished within a short span of time.
Investing in a duplex printer is a call of the need for most of the businesses in the present era. These smart and energy efficient devices are designed in a way so that these can cater to all the requirements of a business. Ricoh is a global leader in the printing industry and duplex printer is one of the many product chains in which they do have expertise. If you are checking out the wide range of product lines, offered by Ricoh, Duplex Printer is something that you must check out. Loaded with advance features, these compact devices are easy to maintain and operate.
Wondering why should you invest in a Ricoh Duplex printer? Here are the reasons then –
- Easy connectivity – Equipped with built-in card slots and USB ports, Ricoh duplex printers are easy to fit in your existing network. One of the most amazing facts about a duplex printer from Ricoh is that, you don’t need to worry about setting it up within your business network. Moreover, you can send the different functions individually to the most appropriate network, ensuring you get the best possible output.
- Automatic duplex printing – Quite obviously, this is one of the most significant reasons to invest in a duplex printer. The feature ensures both the sides of a paper get printed automatically without any manual intervention, thereby reducing the amount of money and time invested. With an advance feature like this, businesses can handle all the printing functions more quickly and efficiently.
- Highly productive – These printing devices from Ricoh are highly productive and absolutely durable. Businesses that are running on a shoe string budget, can consider this as an affordable investment since they can enjoy an attractive cost per print. With a very minimum warm-up time, these printing devices can perform really fast, catering to all the emergencies of a business.
- Reduced environmental impact – This is probably another important reason why businesses should prefer to invest in a duplex printer. Equipped with an advance features like sleep mode, automatic duplex printing, energy save mode and short warm-up time, these printing devices help minimize the environmental impact to a significant extent. Moreover, since these devices are Energy Star complaint, these produce less CO2 as compared to other conventional printers. Since less energy is required to run these, it’s easier to reduce the total impact on the environment.
These are some of the most important reasons why businesses should invest in a Ricoh Duplex Printer.
MDS/Managed Document Services is one of the most popular services of the recent time as a large number of businesses have been benefitted using this smart service. The business benefits that an organization can enjoy using this service are quite significant. Right from optimizing the workflow and processes to save time and money, opting for a managed document service helps you in a number of ways. There is no doubt regarding the fact that SMBs as well as large corporates can benefit to a great extent by investing in MDS. Since managed document services is integrally related with the print environment of your office, you can also consider checking out MPS/managed Print Services. In fact, smart services like pay per print is also considered to be beneficial enough for organizations that need to handle moderate volume of printing assignments.
However, if you are planning to invest in a managed document service, you must be capable to take the right decision so that you can maximize the office efficiency and save the print cost to a significant extent. Hence, it’s important to consider certain factors while looking for a managed document service –
- Proper assessment – In order to reap the maximum possible benefits of a managed document service, you need to assess the actual document management needs of your organization. It’s customary for a reliable service provider to investigate the entire workflow of your organization so that they can have a fair understanding of the requirement. During the procedure, they should check the usage pattern and workflow. They should also identify and examine the hardware that are already in use. Based on this assessment, they will be able to calculate the costs that are associated with the entire operation.
- Accurate design – Design is one of the most integral factors to make a managed document service plan successful. The service provider should provide you with a group of team members whose responsibility will be to investigate the work culture of our organization, and to come up with a clearly defined route map based on the evaluation. They should be able to create a detailed document that reflects a clear outline. This should be designed in a way so that maximum print cost savings can be ensured and you can achieve sustainable benefits for your business.
- Smooth implementation – One of the most important ways to make a document management service plan successful is to ensure smooth implementation of workflow solutions and software, along with effective technology. While conducting these measures, you should ensure that these are supported by on-going training from experts. This helps keep your entire workforce engaged properly. This also ensures that they are committed to the new processes, which, in turn, helps boost up the overall organizational productivity.
If you can rightly choose a managed document service provider who follows the aforementioned principles, there are high chances that your business will benefit from it. A service like this will help control the print output, as well as improve the overall productivity.